Snohomish County Legal Services is a free legal aid program serving Snohomish County Residents experiencing poverty. Our staff, pro-bono attorneys and volunteers provide information, advice and legal representation to ensure meaningful access to justice regardless of individual barriers and needs.
Snohomish County Legal Services
Did you know?
- More than three quarters of low income households experience at least one important civil legal problem annually.
- Of those who experience civil legal problems, more than 85% of the time these persons receive no legal assistance of any kind. Nine out of 10 low-income people who do not get attorney assistance receive no help at all with their legal issues.
- Civil legal problems experienced by low income people in Washington generally affect basic human needs such as housing, family safety and security and public safety.
- Civil legal needs are disproportionately experienced by women, children and members of vulnerable population groups.
- For many thousands of low-income families, basic promises guaranteed them under the laws of this state - promises to personal and family safety and security, fair treatment by landlords, employers, and creditors, and fair and proper treatment by governmental agencies - are unenforceable because they cannot secure the legal representation needed to effectively assert, defend or enforce these promises.