Housing Justice Project

two people sitting at a table discussing something important

Snohomish County Legal Services (SCLS) provides free civil legal aid services to eligible low-income residents of Snohomish County. SCLS operates the local Housing Justice Project (HJP) which provides a wide range of services, including information and educational materials about the eviction process, referrals, legal advice, negotiations with your landlord’s attorney, and assistance in preparing for an eviction hearing. HJP operates the local HJP Walk-up Clinic, it is also providing services through the Eviction Resolution Program (ERP), and is part of the Right to Counsel (RTC) program for eviction cases in Snohomish County.


Our Housing Justice Project attorneys work to help you understand your rights as a tenant. We provide one-on-one consultations to understand your situation and give you advice about your options. Other services include negotiating with landlords, helping to get an eviction off your record, or helping get your deposit back.

The main focus of our services are helping people who are facing eviction.

***Please note, HJP cannot guarantee the provision of services for any individual.***


Housing Justice Project operates the local HJP Clinic located at the Snohomish County Superior Courthouse to assist qualified clients on the unlawful detainer calendar. First Come First Served. Priority goes to those with a UDA (eviction) hearing that day or other urgent matters. If you are not able to meet with an attorney you may be asked to come back another day.

HJP Clinic is located in front of Room 1-1300 off the main hallway on the first floor of the Snohomish County Superior Courthouse – 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201.

[events-calendar-templates category=”hjp-clinic” template=”default” style=”style-1″ date_format=”full” start_date=”” end_date=”” limit=”2″ order=”ASC” hide-venue=”no” socialshare=”no” time=”future”]


Need Rental Assistance? Call 2-1-1

¿Habla español? Llamar a LETI para asistencia de alquiler: (731) 798-2238

Here is some additional rental assistance and other resources.


Please call (425) 258-9283, ext. 5 Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm. If you receive a voice mail prompt please leave your first and last name, phone number, and a brief message regarding your housing issue, and the next available staff member will contact you as soon as they are able. You may fill out our intake here.

You can also reach us by emailing us at information@snocolegal.org

If you need assistance outside of these days and times, you may be able to find helpful information at washingtonlawhelp.org. If you need rental assistance contact 2-1-1.

Prior to receiving legal services, you will be asked by a staff member to complete an intake paperwork to determine if you are eligible for HJP services. You can complete part of the intake paperwork by filling out an online application https://nwjustice.org/apply-online. When you get to the end of the online application you can say where you want your case referred and select Snohomish County Legal Services.


For more information, download this HJP Brochure.